Mobile Payments Industry Workgroup
The Mobile Payments Industry Workgroup (MPIW), convened in January 2010 by the Federal Reserve Banks of Boston and Atlanta through their Payment Strategies and Retail Payments Risk Forum groups, comprises a select set of key players in the mobile payments ecosystem in the United States. One initial goal of the MPIW was to facilitate discussions among the stakeholders as to how a successful mobile payments (as opposed to mobile banking) system could evolve in the U.S. The MPIW meets several times annually to share information and ideas, discuss barriers and opportunities in mobile payments, and ultimately, to suggest a vision for the building blocks of an effective, secure, and ubiquitous mobile payments environment in the United States.
- Technology and Security Considerations for Mobile Contactless Payments at the Point-of-Sale in the U.S.
Summary Report of June 18-19, 2013 Mobile Payments Industry Workgroup Meeting
by Susan Pandy
- The Future of Mobile Security: Understanding the Risk Environment for Mobile Payments
Summary Report of January 29-30, 2013 Mobile Payments Industry Workgroup Meeting
by Susan Pandy
- Summary of Mobile Payments Industry Workgroup (MPIW) Meeting with Merchants and Mobile Payment Start-ups, September 25, 2012
- U.S. Mobile Payments Landscape – Two Years Later
by Marianne Crowe, Susan Pandy, and Elisa Tavilla, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and Cynthia Jenkins, NACHA
- The U.S. Regulatory Landscape for Mobile Payments
by Marianne Crowe, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, and Mary Kepler and Cynthia Merritt, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Mobile Payments in the United States: Mapping Out the Road Ahead
by Darin Contini and Marianne Crowe, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston; Cynthia Merritt and Richard Oliver, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta; and Steve Mott, BetterBuyDesign
- Mobile Payments Industry Roundtable Summary
Members of the MPIW Include
- American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
- Bank of America
- BarclayCard US
- C-SAM, Inc.
- CTIA, The Wireless Association
- First Data Corporation
- Green Dot Corporation
- Merchant Advisory Group
- Mobey Forum
- MShift, Inc.
- NACHA, The Electronic Payments Association
- NACS, The Association for Convenience and Fuel Retailing
- PCATS, Petroleum and Convenience Alliance for Technology Standards
- Smart Card Alliance
- Verizon Wireless