Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Economic Quiz
1. In what year was the first high definition television released in the United States?
2. At the end of 2006, approximately how many U.S. households owned a high-definition television set?
A) 10 million
B) 20 million
C) 30 million
D) 40 million
3. What will occur on February 17, 2009?
A) The apocalypse
B) Millions of television sets may go dark
C) Boston Public Works will complete clean-up following another Super Bowl victory parade
D) Ultra High Definition technology will launch, rendering current HD obsolete
4. Which of the following terms is best described as “A sub-group within a population that embraces new technology before most other people, whose role is to be opinion leaders and influence those who follow”?
A) Early Majority
D) Early Adopters
5. Despite being commercially available for less than a year, the two HD movie formats (Blu-Ray and HD-DVD) are being declared dead by many early adopters. Most often blamed for this ‘failure’ is the format war between the two technologies, each backed by different movie studios and consumer electronics manufacturers, which confuses customers and causes them to wait for a winner before purchasing. This is reminiscent of the 1970’s and early 1980’s videotape battle between VHS and ____?
Created with QuizScript
Economic quiz written by: David Brown - January 2007