Dissertation Fellowship Opportunities
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is offering paid in-residence fellowships for graduate students in economics to conduct research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. The dissertation fellowship program offers individuals an opportunity to interact with economists and visiting scholars in the Bank’s Research Department, further their dissertation research, obtain feedback on their work, increase their exposure to scholarly research, and participate in department research activities, such as seminars and brown-bag discussions.
Applications will be accepted for positions in summer and fall 2020. Candidates should include their preferred timeframe and their general availability in their cover letters. Fellowships can last from a minimum of eight weeks to a maximum of twelve weeks. Preference is given to PhD candidates whose dissertation topics are in macroeconomics, international economics, macro labor, and macro-finance.
March 15th - application deadline
April 1st – application review and selection
- Summer Program: July – September
- Fall Program: September – December
- Have passed their qualifying examinations
- Be at the dissertation stage of their economics Ph.D. program
- Have legal work status in the United States (i.e. citizenship, work visas)
- Present at least one seminar during the fellowship
- Interact with department economists
- Be present at the research department on a full-time basis
- Cover Letter
- One Letter of Reference
- Sample Research Paper/Proposal