Boston Fed Announces Members of 2016 Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council
Contact: Matthew Campion, 857.206.4185 or email@example.com
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston announced today the appointment of four new members to the First District Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council (CDIAC):
- Brian W. Thompson, President and CEO, Commerce Bank, Worcester, MA
- Joanne Todd, President and CEO, Northeast Family Federal Credit Union, Manchester, CT
- Martin Geitz, President and CEO, Simsbury Bank, Simsbury, CT
- Sushil Tuli, President and CEO, Leader Bank, Arlington, MA
Standing members of the Council include:
- David Bruce President and CEO, Lee Bank, Lee, MA
- Richard J. Gavegnano President, Chairman of the Board, and CEO, East Boston Savings Bank, East Boston, MA
- Bernard P. Isabelle President and CEO, Vermont Federal Credit Union, Burlington, VT
- Mark J. Meiklejohn President and CEO, Bank Rhode Island, Providence, RI
- Mark Mickeriz President and CEO, SIS Bank, Sanford, ME
- Gilda Nogueira President and CEO, East Cambridge Savings Bank, Cambridge, MA
- Julieann M. Thurlow President and CEO, Reading Cooperative Bank, Reading, MA
- Richard Wallis President and CEO, Piscataqua Savings Bank, Portsmouth, NH
Established by the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in 2010, the CDIACs in the 12 Federal Reserve districts provide a diverse perspective on the economy, lending conditions, and other issues facing thrift institutions, credit unions, and community banks with different charters and regulators (including state member, state nonmember, and national banks).
"Members of the CDIAC represent community financial institutions from the cities and towns that form the backbone of the New England economy," said Eric S. Rosengren, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. "The Council members provide valuable perspectives that inform the Boston Fed's mission of public service across the region."
Members attend two meetings per year at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and are asked to share information, offer advice, and make informal recommendations to the Reserve Bank's representatives during active roundtable discussions. The CDIAC members represent the six states in the Federal Reserve's First District: Connecticut (excluding Fairfield County), Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Council member Gilda Nogueira of East Cambridge Savings Bank serves as the First District representative to the national CDIAC, which meets twice a year to advise the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, D.C.
The next meeting of the First District CDIAC will be on March 24, 2016.
For more information, visit the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's website here: http://www.bostonfed.org/about/governance/cdiac/index.htm
Boston Fed Announces Members of 2019 Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council
Boston Fed Announces Members of 2014 Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council President Eric Rosengren Lauds "Valuable Perspectives" of Council Members
Boston Fed Announces Members of 2018 Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council
Boston Fed Announces Members of 2013 Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council