Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) is dedicated to advancing and supporting diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. The Bank recognizes the importance of diversity, inclusion and equity and the strength that comes from diverse perspectives, ideas and approaches. As mandated by section 342 of the Dodd Frank Act, the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), a component of the ODEI, is responsible for all facets of diversity in the management, employment and business activities of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
The team works to achieve fair access to career and procurement opportunities, better business outcomes, and a level playing field for training and development, key assignments, mentors, and promotion.
The ODEI uses both quantitative and qualitative data combined with management, staff and community engagement to achieve its objectives. The five primary objectives of the OEDI are:
- Inclusion: To create an open and inclusive environment for fostering ideas, innovation, and employee engagement.
- Management: To support development of the Bank’s internal talent pool and pipeline.
- Employment: To assist in improving the diversity of the Bank’s talent acquisition pool and pipeline.
- Business: To increase the Bank’s business with minority- and women-owned vendors with respect to both pool and pipeline.
- Leadership: To demonstrate collaborative leadership through effective partnerships with industry peers.