Office of Diversity & Inclusion
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI) is a formally established department dedicated to advancing and supporting diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity at the Boston Fed. The ODI works with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to execute the Bank's diversity and inclusion values, which include: providing fair access to career and procurement opportunities; providing a level playing field for training and development, key assignments, mentors and promotion; and leveraging diversity and inclusion for greater creativity, innovation and better business outcomes.
The ODI uses quantitative and qualitative information combined with stakeholder (management, staff and community) engagement to achieve its objectives. The five primary objectives of the ODI are:
- Inclusion: To create an open and inclusive environment for fostering ideas, innovation, and employee engagement.
- Management: To support development of the Bank's internal talent pool and pipeline.
- Employment: To assist in improving the diversity of the Bank’s talent acquisition pool and pipeline.
- Business: To increase the Bank's business with minority- and women-owned vendors with respect to both pool and pipeline.
- Leadership: To demonstrate collaborative leadership through effective partnerships with industry peers.